Fabric SelectionAre you intimidated by matching fabrics or do you just need a second opinion? We are here to help!
Reading patterns isn't always easy. If you need help interpreting what the designer is trying to get you to do, stop by and let us help you. We'll do our best.
$ 5.00 if more than 1/2 hour is needed
Scissor and Rotary Blade Sharpening
Drop off your dull scissors and rotary blades at My Favorite Quilt Shop. Items will be available for pickup within 2 weeks.
Can also sharpen knives and saw blades.
Click here for a price list
Cutting and Organizing
Do you need help cutting fabrics ? Help is available at My Favorite Quilt Shop
1) for just $10 we will cut your fabric according to the pattern directions
2) for just $5 per hour - rent the cutting table. This also gives you access to help and opinions from staff
QuiltingDo you love to piece your quilts, only to get frustrated when it comes time to quilt it. We have a couple solutions for you...
1) Let us quilt it for you. Every quilt is custom quilted. $0.02 per square inch (ex: (length x width) x .02 = quilting estimate. (60" x 80") x .02 = $96.00). Drop off and pick up your quilt at My Favorite Quilt Shop, turn around time is 4 to 6 weeks.
I have 2 professional quilters that can quilt your quilt. One of my professionals has over 10 years experience in hand guided, pantograph and custom long arm quilting. My other quilter uses a computer guided quilting system. Both quilters use Gammill Quilting machines and do their work in smoke and pet free environments.
To prepare your quilt for quilting:
* Prepare your quilt front by pressing all the seams flat and make sure your quilt lays flat (if it doesn't lay flat, there is a possibility for puckers during the quilting process).
* Prepare your backing: verify your backing is at least 4 inches larger than the quilt front on all four sides, example: if your quilt front measures 50" x 60", your quilt backing must measure at lease 58" x 68". Make sure your backing is pressed and all seams are flat.
* If your supplying the batting, make sure the batting is at least 4" larger than the quilt front on all four sides.
* Think about what color of thread you want the quilter to use.
If you would like to meet with one of the quilters to discuss the quilting you would like on your quilt, please call ahead to schedule a meeting.
Here is a great article from a long arm quilter on how to prepare your quilt for a long arm quilter...preparing-for-longarm-quilting
2) Rent the long arm. Quilt your quilt yourself using the long arm quilting machine. No experience necessary. Training/practice on day of appointment. $30 per hour (2 hour min). Call for appointment.