2019 Row by Row
Theme: Taste the Experience
Dates: June 21, 2019 - September 4, 2019
MFQS will again participate in Row by Row Junior and Row by Row 9th Row.
Watch for information regarding pattern and plates.
Row by Row - June 21 - Sep 3, 2019
Row by Row Rules
- Visit any participating RxR quilt shop to pick up your free RxR Taste the Experience themed row pattern. One pattern per person.
- Each shop creates a pattern, then gives it away for one row in a row quilt. If you need more patterns - you will need to purchase row kits.
- Collect as many rows as you can, then mix and match your rows to create a fun and unique quilt.
- Have fun traveling, shopping and collecting as many different patterns as you like during the RxR collecting period, June 21–September 3, 2019.
- Have more fun making the rows and designing a quilt. Visit other participating shops all over the US, Canada and Europe to add rows to your quilt if you wish.
- Anytime between June 21–October 31, 2019 be the first person to bring a finished (quilted, bound, labeled) quilt using at least 8 different rows from 8 different participating stores into a participating quilt shop and receive a bundle of 25 beautiful fat quarters.
- Rowers may include The 9th Row and RxR Junior designs in a RxR quilt, but they may not be counted as one of the 8 rows needed to win a prize.
- Include the shop’s row in your quilt and receive a bonus prize! Limit one prize per person. One prize per shop.
Row by Row Junior Rules
- Row by Row Junior starts on June 21, the same as Row by Row Experience. Junior is different, however, in that patterns may be collected until October 31, 2019.
- Like adult Row by Row, children need to be present in the shop to get the free pattern handout.
- Participating Row by Row Junior shops are indicated on the Google Maps shop locations.
- Anyone can buy a kit. Grandmothers, aunts, uncles, traveling family members – all can buy kits for their kids.
- Projects are completed by kids while being mentored and coached in sewing techniques by an adult.
- “I Made This” ribbons are awarded to the first five kids who return to a shop with something they’ve made using a Row by Row Junior pattern. We celebrate any sewing effort not just quilting.
- The project does not have to be finished to qualify for a ribbon or award. All efforts are valid.
- Every kid who comes in with a project receives a certificate after the five ribbons have been claimed. October 31 is the deadline for a Junior award.
- Adult Rowers may include RxR Junior designs in a RxR quilt, but they may not be counted as one of the 8 rows needed to win a prize.
The 9th Row Rules
- Each participating quilt shop offering The 9th Row generously donates to the main charity—UNICEF in 2018.
- Rowers may purchase The 9th Row kits in-store only during the regular RxR 2018 season. After that, kits are available by phone, mail, online or any way a shop makes them available.
- Shop are encouraged to donate a portion of their The 9th Row kit sales to UNICEF or a charity of their choice.
- Rowers may include The 9th Row in a Row by Row quilt, but it may not be counted as one of the 8 rows needed to win a prize.
- There is no hibernation period for The 9th Row.