QUILTING - LONG ARM SERVICES
Do you love to piece your quilts, only to get frustrated when it comes time to quilt it. We have a couple solutions for you...
- Pro long arm quilters – 4 to 6 weeks turn around,
- Computerized Designs = 2 cents per sq inch
- Customized Quilting = 2.25 to 5 cents per sq inch
- Simple meandering Quilting = 1.5 cents per sq inch
- Binding = 10 cents per linear inch (NO hand stitching)
- Quilting prep (pressing, prepare backing) $10 per hour ($10 min)
How to calculate square inch....quilt length x quilt width = square inches
Example: quilt size 75" long, 65" wide: 75 x 65 = 4875 sq inches.
How to calculate linear inches... (quilt length + quilt width) x 2 = quilt linear inches.
Example: quilt size 75" long, 65" wide: (75 + 65) = 140 x 2 = 280 linear inches.1) Let us quilt it for you. Drop off and pick up your quilt at My Favorite Quilt Shop, turn around time is 4 to 6 weeks. Custom quilting will be more expensive, and will depend on the amount of custom work desired.
I have professional quilters that can quilt your quilt. One of my professionals has over 10 years experience in hand guided, pantograph quilting. My other quilters use computer guided quilting systems. All quilters do their work in smoke and pet free environments.
To prepare your quilt for quilting:
* Prepare your quilt front by pressing all the seams flat and make sure your quilt lays flat (if it doesn't lay flat, there is a possibility for puckers during the quilting process).
* Prepare your backing: verify your backing is at least 4 inches larger than the quilt front on all four sides, example: if your quilt front measures 50" x 60", your quilt backing must measure at lease 58" x 68". Make sure your backing is pressed and all seams lay flat.
* If you're supplying the batting, make sure the batting is at least 4" larger than the quilt front on all four sides. If your batting is not large enough, we will substitute the batting with a "Quilters Dream" batting of similar type and the cost will be added to your invoice.
* Think about what color of thread you want the quilter to use.
If you would like to meet with one of the quilters to discuss the quilting, please call ahead to schedule a meeting.
Here is a great article from a long arm quilter on how to prepare your quilt for a long arm quilter...preparing-for-longarm-quilting2) Rent the long arm.
June 15, 2021 NO LONGER AVAILABLE
After 15 years I need to discontinue renting the long arm quilting machine.
It has been a lot of fun teaching quilters how to use the long arm and watching them create their own masterpieces. However, this has come at a price. I have had to replace the machine 4 times and had numerous repairs and part replacements. Renting the machine also requires a lot of my time. And when the machine is not working properly – A LOT of stress and agony when a quilt is damaged during the rental process.
I posted a “Help Wanted” sign and have not received the response I expected or needed. I am struggling to keep up with all the responsibilities of owning a shop and have to face the reality I need give up something to find the time I need to be available to my customers and other shop responsibilities.
Due to the costs and time involved in renting the long arm machine, it makes the most sense to discontinue this service. I will honor all the current appointments, but will not take any new appointments.
I am very sorry, and I know how much this service has been appreciated. All my wonderful renters have expressed their appreciation numerous times. I have enjoyed all of you and this was not an easy decision to make.
I have hired another professional quilter to be available to do quilting for you. All my quilters are excellent and take great pride in the work they do. They have all committed to a 3-4 week turn around time (possible exceptions during peak times of the year…Christmas). The cost is currently 2 cents per square inch for edge to edge quilting. The cost of custom quilting will be based on the amount of custom work desired.
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!